Monday, November 8, 2010

I Am HUNGRY!

With four boys, one girl, a husband, and me -- those words seem to show up quite consistently around our household! Sometimes they are said in a calm matter of fact tone. Other times they are spoken with great emphasis! However they are spoken, they are always followed up with some kind of response – and usually action.

A few years ago, we were privileged to be a part of mission work. Living by faith is how the Christian is always supposed to live – and believe me, we were. One afternoon I went to the store, knowing I only had so much money. I wasn’t able to get all the groceries our family needed. I drove home, and on my way in, checked the mail. There, in our mailbox, was a check from someone who had never done anything for us financially before, and never has since. God had answered prayer! We wouldn’t go hungry.

Another time I can remember looking at my husband in the morning and asking, “What are we going to do?” His calm answer has carried me through many mornings since. He said, “We are just going to trust for daily bread.”

You know what? He was right. We did trust. And . . . we are still alive and serving our faithful God.

Have you ever gone a day or two without food? How about a week? Nothing to eat – maybe even nothing to drink . . . the body will survive for awhile, but not for long.

Just as physical “daily bread” is necessary for sustenance of the body, so spiritual “daily bread” is necessary for sustenance of the soul. We need “soul food.” The Living Water Jesus spoke of being – the Bread of Life that sustains us.

One meal a week with our local body of believers is mighty good – but it doesn’t carry with it everything we need for the week. We need the daily bread.

When we take the time to seek Him – He will be found. When we ask Him to reveal Himself through His Word – He will! Every day He feeds those who hunger and thirst after Him.

I am hungry! Hungry for more of Him! Hungry for more of His Word! Hungry for more of His will! Hungry for HIM!

“Father . . . please give us today our daily bread!”

Are you hungry, too?

By: Janene A. Dubbeld/FGG

Take it With You

“But he said to them, I have food to eat that you know nothing about.” John 4:32

1 comment:

Ginger Andersen said...

Love this one Janene! Hope you are and your beautiful family are doing well. LOVE AND MISS YOU!

Ginger Andersen