Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Seeing Him

The morning sunlight beckoned me to come outside and begin my day! A walk! That was exactly what I needed to do. Quietly I donned more suitable attire and headed out the door.

Mmmmm . . . a quiet walk, a time to talk with my Lord, already it was promising to be a day of blessing. Creation grabbed my attention at every turn. No ear phones today, just the beautiful songs of the birds. Everything seemed to be pointing my mind to the Creator and His glories.

As I turned to make another round my conversation with the Lord went something like this, “O, Lord, let me see You on this part of my walk.”

Moments later I saw her. My heart dropped a moment. I was on a quiet walk – a conversation with God walk – a peaceful moment before my busy day.

She smiled at me, I smiled back. That did it! The conversation began. Amazingly, in the secret place of my soul God spoke to me. “You wanted to see me on this part of your walk.”

It was then I realized what He was showing me. A friend wanted to be with me – I saw Him in her longing for relationship. She smiled – I saw Him in her smile! We shared together – just as He wanted to share with me. Through the crown jewel of His creation, once again, He showed me Himself!

Refreshed, I could now begin my day.

By Janene Dubbeld
For Gods Glory


Take it with You

“My command is this: love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command.” John 15: 12-14

No comments: