Monday, April 4, 2011

Don't Wrestle, Just Rest

The stop sign at the end of the road demanded I pay attention. Looking to my right, I saw another car waiting to pull out of a gas station a few feet away. Why wasn’t he pulling out? There didn’t appear to be any vehicles coming – at least not that I could see.

Well, he wasn’t – so I did. No sooner did I turn on to Route 24 then a set of headlights showed up – very close to my tail lights! Where did that vehicle come from? Then, I realized. THAT was why the car at the gas station didn’t venture out! The driver could see over a hill that I couldn’t visualize from my location. He saw the other car coming when I couldn’t.

Thankfully there was no collision! Yet, from this incident, God spoke to my heart! He sees where we cannot see. He goes before us, and His Holy Spirit longs to live within us – giving us the guidance we need to live within His will!

His eye is all seeing – His wisdom is all knowing – His love all prevailing!

Listening closely to His voice will spare us many a “collision” on the road of life. So ably He puts an arm around our shoulder, warning us with a gentle whisper, warming our spirits with the breath of His . . .

Sometimes we wonder just why He isn’t moving at a quicker pace or the reason He answered a prayer differently than we thought He would. We are tempted to struggle instead of surrender – to wrestle instead of rest – but the truth remains – He knows best AND loves us most!

To those of us who love Him deeply, our goal is to bring Him glory. Sometimes the process seems agonizing, but the prize will be well worth it.

Let’s trust Him anew today – place our hand in His and look to His face. He sees all.



Take it with You

“Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!” Romans 11:33

1 comment:

Crossroads Community Church said...

My husband and I have a strong work ethic and mentality. Being in HS for the past 4 years gave us ample opportunities to serve God. We were always going and doing for His Kingdom. Daily, we felt as though we were in the center of God's Will. Since the move, we've been put in a position where we can rest but it has really really been hard to do so. Instead of just enjoying this time we scramble to find things to do. Confession - My biggest fear is dying without ever getting out of the pew and doing something great for my Savior or giving the Lord a reason to say "Job well done thou good and faithful servant". During these times of "rest", Satan has a way of reminding me of all the times I failed. As a result, the lack of doing begins to feel like failure. Thanks for sharing... I needed this!