Monday, April 18, 2011

A Parent for the Parents

Parenting seems to be one of the most wonderfully exhausting things in the universe! You wouldn’t trade anything for the wonderful blessings of your children – yet, there are times the ever existent needs, triumphs, hurts, learning processes, mood swings . . . leave a parent wondering wonderfully (or not so wonderfully) where the strength is going to come from for the next set of “whatever’s!”

Exhaustion usually doesn’t help the wondering process – it usually turns it into a WANDERING process instead – until we find ourselves right back at the place where peace always comes from, God and His Word.

The settling Truth brings an assurance that springs and flows from One Who is never exhausted, doesn’t run out of answers, and possesses a love that permeates everything He touches. He is our Heavenly Father, and in His eyes I’m not the parent – I’m His child! He understands the human side of me – remembers than I’m dust – and loves me still.

He is FOR me – not against me. When no one else knows the burden – He does, and even more than knowing the burden, He knows me too – better than I know myself! What comfort to rest in His arms.

His incredible power to intervene in circumstances, to change people, to guide and direct doesn’t fade with time – He is ALL powerful and He is there – whether anyone else is or not! We can trust Him with all the blessings and challenges of parenting – with all the ups and downs of life – He is FOR US!

Take it with You

        “Then God’s bright glory will shine and everyone will see it. Yes, just as
God has said.” Isaiah 40:5 The Message

No comments: