Monday, June 13, 2011

Change Your Style, Not Your Soul

The merchandise of the lovely bookstore called out to me. Titles of books begged my brain to devour them – if only my pocketbook would allow me to purchase! Standing to one side my eyes actually fell on one of the free stands boasting its stuff with this advertisement, “Change your style, not your sole.”

Magnetic strips for flip flops – different designs and colors – it piqued my interest. Why, you could change shoes just with a change of stripe! Again my eyes went to the top. The words penetrated my brain with a different message this time. “Change your style, not your soul!”

Our world is inundated with change. It’s the “progression” of the human race! Some of it is progression – while at times it seems to resemble regression . . .

But the soul . . . the soul of the creation still finds its home in its Creator! We are HIS workmanship – created by HIM! Styles come and styles go. We no longer drive the Model “T”! But our Creator? He remains the same!

Age to age HE stands. Timeless, steadfast, truth in love!

By Janene Dubbeld

For Gods Glory


Take it with You
“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10 NKJV)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely. And I think that even applies to church. It's not all about "our style" when it comes to music, etc. It's about preaching the gospel. Thank you for sharing, Janene.

Pamela said...

Yesterday, today, forever -- what joy to know God will not change.

Love you,
Pamela

Unknown said...

I love this mantra of sorts -- reminds me to be true to the Truth!