Monday, June 6, 2011

Following Through

   Isn't it amazing how God works in our lives? When I posted the blog named, "Doing Unto Others," I had several responses. One of you mentioned you liked it that I used the word, "actively." This got me thinking.
   One day last week we were working hard at cleaning out a room in our basement. As it neared lunchtime, I decided to take the two children home with me and head to a local restaurant. They have the most delicious nachos and cheese -- and offer it in sort of "family style" at an affordable price!
   Arriving at the restaurant I knew we were in for a wait! My schedule pressed upon my brain -- but since hunger pressed upon my stomach -- and children's hunger pressed upon my heart -- we went in anyway.
   This "doing unto others" blog was still fresh in my mind. I kept thinking, "actively" . . .
   There was one waitress on duty that I could see --maybe one more on the other side. She was working like crazy to help everyone. Soon after we sat down, she let us know there was one other table in front of us -- then, she would take our order.
   We were hungry! We were thirsty! We waited, and waited, and waited! FINALLY she came over. She was so apologetic, and I honestly felt sorry for her. She took our drink order -- and our food order. After the drinks came, we WATIED and WATITED for our food. When it came out she again was soooo apologetic. We did everything we could to reassure her it was ok.
   At one point I said, "We know you are doing your best." She responded with, "Thanks for noticing that!"
   Soon the meal came to an end, and she brought the check. As we were leaving she was frantically moving to another table, but over her shoulder she threw out the desperate words -- "Just please pray for me!"
   It halted me in my tracks for a moment. None of us had said anything about church, or Jesus, but she saw Him in our kindness and response -- ACTIVELY! It convicted me again . . . "Do unto others . . ."
O, Jesus! Help me actively LIVE the WORD today!!!! (And although I didn't know her name, Father does, and I know HE heard my prayer . . .)
By Janene A. Dubbeld/FGG

Take it with You
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
(Galatians 5:22 NKJV)


No comments: