Monday, July 18, 2011

One Way Home

Travelling from south Georgia to Tennessee, my husband and I were in need of a post office. He had his phone GPS set for our directions – and it was talking to him – telling him when to turn, what highway to take, so he asked me to find a post office on my phone navigation.

In the mean time we stopped at a gas station, and we also asked them if they knew where the closest post office was. Their responses were amazing. The one girl told us it was beside CVS – which helped us immensely since we had no clue where CVS was. Another gentleman tried desperately to help us. He knew where HE would go – three lights down and one street over – over the railroad tracks – or something like that.

Bravely we headed in that general direction. Marks GPS was still talking to him, and I was trying to tell him what my navigation was quietly telling me from my phone. We thought we were doing pretty well, until we realized he was listening to the directions to keep him on the highway to Tennessee – and THINKING he was going to the post office – while I was mixing my directions with what I had heard from the gas station.

OFF went HIS phone – as to stop confusing us! We followed the directions from my phone – which was now set correctly and FINALLY found the post office!

When we stopped laughing – a simple truth hit home. There is one “navigation system “to follow – if we desire to enjoy eternal life. It’s the Word of God! Any other voice pointing to any other “way” will only serve to get us off track and confused.

As followers of Christ we also need to be ready to give “right directions” to those who need them! Hiding His Word in our hearts – and heading back to its pages when in question. There’s only one way home, and His Word gives us clear direction. Take some time to revel in it – TODAY!



Take it with You

“Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the flute or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes? Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?”

I Corinthians 14:7&8

‘”Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6

No comments: