Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Colors of Fall

Living just a few minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway affords a person with some fun family picnics, quiet get-aways, and some marvelous scenery!

The colorful hues of fall caught my attention as I made a familiar drive toward home. Such exquisite color! Somehow my thoughts turned toward Heaven and I began wondering if we would enjoy “fall colors” there . . .

That brought my mind twisting around – much like the roads I was traveling – back to the Garden of Eden. Crazy as it seems the word, “fall” had me wondering about the first “fall” when Eve and Adam disobeyed God, and took of the fruit He told them not to eat.

It was then a thought I had never encountered before crossed my mind. In the season of fall, we are presented often with the very colors of redemption! The yellow and gold hues remind us of Heavenly streets! The deep purples brought to memory the Kingship of Jesus, while the reds showed their vibrant color, reminding me of the blood that Jesus shed for the forgiveness of my sins.

Right in the middle of “FALL” He shows us REDEMPTION – if we will take the time to look, to “see with Spirit-eyes what others miss!” (Upon this Rock/Gloria Gaither)

He knew our humanity. He knew our choice would demand something we simply could not pay. Every where we look He reminds us of His love, and that HE has paid our debt. All we have to do is accept His free gift of salvation!

If you don’t know Him as a personal Savior and Lord, won’t you ask Him into your heart and life today? Just ask Him!



“Dear Jesus. The beauty of Your Creation reminds me of what an awesome God You are. Please forgive my sins, and make my heart ready for Heaven. I want to live for You. I love You, Lord, Jesus! In Jesus name, Amen.”



Take it with You

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

John 3:16

No comments: