Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Remembering to Forget

   Unwanted invaders! They tripped the switch of blissful slumber and flashed the before dawn lights of “could have been’s,” and “would have done’s,” soon followed by the colorful “if only’s” and “should I have’s!”

   What brought this onslaught? I wasn’t quite sure, but I ran for help – to the only One who could help! I’m not sure if I even audibly whispered His name – all I know is He was there! Instantly He brought His Word – “Forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are before. . .

   Immediately I felt a touch – a Presence from a Hand unseen but, oh, so real. Out the door with the unwanted invaders! The light of truth permeated the atmosphere of my mind, my soul, my spirit . . .

   This time of year lends itself to reflecting. Reflecting on the past – but no matter what the past year has brought, today is not forever. Where it has brought joy – rejoice! Where it has brought sorrow – weep. Where it has brought failure – seek restoration, and forgiveness. Whatever it has brought you – bring it to HIM!

   Then, remember to forget – and seek HIM for the future! Today is not forever – and you are never alone.

“Leave the broken, irreversible past in God’s hands, and step out into the invincible future with Him.” Oswald Chambers

Take it with You


“. . . this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13b-14

No comments: