Friday, January 6, 2012

Recognition

   It was a routine, travel-time, “pit stop.” The gas station was busy with people fueling up their vehicles, grabbing a drink or a snack, all the normal things people scurry around doing.  It wasn’t an exceptionally clean place, it was crowded and overstocked and carried the smell of stale cigarette smoke.
   As I stood in line, a little child ran toward me – holding out her arms. She wanted me to pick her up and hold her! I looked around for who was with her – and a young couple wasn’t far behind. They seemed fine with it, so I readily answered the request of her little arms and picked her up.
   For some reason, she felt secure in my arms. She didn’t want me to put her down. I gave her back to her mom for a while – then she wanted me to hold her again.  When my husband came around, she was drawn to him, too.
   It was time to go, but she wanted to go with our family! Even as she was in her own car, she kept looking at us and waving. We didn’t know her circumstance, but we prayed for that child. Perhaps it was the light of God’s love that really drew her to us. His Holy Spirit living and reigning within – that is our constant prayer! That He be seen in the middle of ordinary – and that our lives be used of Him to show forth Jesus – and bring Him glory.
   The Scriptures bring us many inspiring accounts, but is anyone more intriguing that Joseph? His faithful life in the middle of sibling jealousy and hatred, slavery, temptation, false accusation, and imprisonment is certainly a testimony worth studying!
   Recently, my husband and I had been encouraged by a message on the radio where Joseph was the central figure. A couple of days later we were listening to scripture when Genesis 41:38 jumped out at me! “So Pharaoh asked them, ‘Can we find anyone like this man, one in whom is the spirit of God?”
    A pagan king recognized the difference in Joseph – the Spirit of God within him!  He had just come from PRISON – things definitely had not made sense for most of Joseph’s life! Yet, when the King was in need, Joseph possessed the One with his answer.  
   The God Joseph trusted through all the hardships – the Spirit of God that kept him was with him now. The fullness of time had come. As God helped Joseph reveal dreams – God also gave him favor and it minutes he was taken from prison to the second highest in the land!
   O, God – live in me so strongly that those I am around see YOU!



Holy Spirit – rule and reign in me today

Let all who pass by me see You I pray

Saturate my life with light and love of You

Let me be forever, fully, Yours.



Take It With You

“So Pharaoh asked them, ‘Can we find anyone like this man, one in whom is the spirit of God?” Genesis 41:38

No comments: