Thursday, August 19, 2010

A List for Life

Hurriedly I grabbed another sheet of paper. There were so many things to do I couldn’t use just one list – I needed two or more it seemed. Everybody needed something – plus all the tasks I was responsible for . . .

The day my children REALLY wanted something they would say, “Mom, I’m going to put it on your list!”

My mother was also a “list maker.” When we would get ready to pack for a trip – mom would get out her list. When we went to the grocery store – mom had her list. So, on to me she passed the “trade” of list making!

How do you remember things? Tie a string around your finger . . . set your cell phone to “alarm” you . . . tell someone else to remind you . . .

Today, as I was preparing for the day, the Holy Spirit began to remind me of some things. He reminded me of a neighbor who needs Jesus – led my mind to pray for yet another soul who needs Him – and then, He began to speak to me about remembering what my real purpose is here on earth.

It seems so easy to get caught up in the legitimate “here and now” needs! Our focus can get blurry by the fog of difficulties. If we let it, the earthly can distract us from the eternal.

What is our purpose as Christians? Christ commissioned us to go into ALL the world and spread the gospel to everyone. This is our eternal purpose. One that will live far beyond the “here and now.” This is our reason for living.

We are the ambassadors of Christ! Children of the King! Our purpose is a high one, our calling an honor. “To KNOW Him . . . and to make HIM KNOWN!”

It’s like making a “life list” with those two things at the top!

Life List

#1 To know Christ in a personal, intimate relationship

#2 To make Him known wherever, however, whenever, to whomever

The “how” we are expected to do it is our individual purpose. He will direct each of us . . . and help us prioritize the rest of the duties that our day demands.

Thank you, precious Holy Spirit for reminding us today of our “true purpose” here on earth. Please make us effective vessels to make Christ known!

Take it with You

“Go into the world. God everywhere and announce the Message of God’s good news to one and all.”
Mark 16:16 The Message

By: Janene A. Dubbeld

For God’s Glory

No comments: