Monday, August 23, 2010

Words of Purpose

Bed time had come. Not just a normal “bed time.” The next day was the very first day of school — and our youngest was headed into Kindergarten. No more “babies” in the house.

For whatever reason, my heart was softened when he said, “I’m scared.” So, he piled into the middle of our bed — at least until he was asleep!:)

Mom and he were talking as his eyes got droopy . . . “You know,” Mom said, “God has a purpose for your life.” His response amazed me. “I know what my purpose is,” he replied. “You do?” I asked, rather surprised that at six he was ready with this answer. Then he said something that amazed me. “My purpose is to love the Lord.”

Truer words were never spoken. That is his ultimate purpose for life – mine too – all of ours really. Once we come to the realization that He is the reason for living, life makes much more sense.

Loving Him causes a myriad of responses which benefit. We find ourselves looking for the good in others – willing to help them in any way possible. The fact of the matter is, the more we love Him, the more we love others.

He promises us when we delight in Him He will give us the desires of our heart. It is when we focus on loving Him that we find the real desires of our heart! The more we love Him, the more our desires become one with His!

The soul delight of being with Him – of loving Him – creates a hearing of His pulse that propels us forward. Forward to continue a cause so much greater than our selfish selves. Forward to a surrender which leads to brokenness and creates life – life IN HIM!

So, again a child led. Led me with his words . . . “I know what my purpose is . . . my purpose is to love the Lord.”

Loving Enough

I love You enough to spend time in Your Word

So I may hear You speak

I love You enough to bring You my cares

For I know You care for me



I love You enough to trust You with all

The dearest things to my heart

I love You enough to lay down my life

So in me Your life may start.



Create in me a love that’s perfected

To be what You want it to be

My greatest desire – to make You smile

Please, live Your life through me.

                                                                                                                      Janene A. Dubbeld/FGG

Take it with You

“God’s there, listening for all who pray, for all who pray and mean it. He does what’s best for those who fear him – hears them call out, and saves them. God sticks by all who love him, but it’s all over for those who don’t.” Psalm 145:18-20 The Message

No comments: