Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A God Who Keeps

He wasn’t very tall in stature, never possessed a great amount of fame -- but his strong faith in Who God is impacted lives all across the nation – and around the world. I remember the first time I had the privilege of meeting him. He had come to our home to stay, and was preaching a revival for the students at a Bible College where my Dad was President. I bounded in the door from piano lessons – and there he was. He was unbelievably kind to a little girl – and, that in itself was the first beam of influence into my heart.

He preached powerfully that week – even though physically his body had weakened to the point where he sometimes had to sit on a stool rather than stand behind the pulpit. I can remember Him expounding on the Awesomeness of our God – telling us extreme statistics concerning the marvels of space – and weaving in the marvels of our God!

Then came the night when he shared a truth from the book of Jude. The Holy Spirit took that word and breathed on it – He breathed it right into my spirit and it has never left me. “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen” (Jude 24,25 KJV.)

Straight into my spirit pierced the word. His Holy Sprit was able to KEEP me from falling! He had saved me already, I knew that for sure, but now His Word proclaimed let me know there was victorious living for those who loved Him – even in a wicked world.

How I grasped that truth as a child had to be the Holy Spirit working in me – and I am so thankful He did! My prayer is today that you to can grasp this wonderful truth. God has a keeping grace that enables us to live above willful, outbroken sin. His grace redeems and restores – it’s true – AND His grace has the power to KEEP us set apart in Him, for His use.

He can keep us, by His Spirit, full and running over of His love and grace – today! Rely on Him – trust Him – HE is a God who KEEPS!

Take it with You

“To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy – to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Jude 24,25 NIV).

No comments: