Wednesday, February 16, 2011

There IS a Savior!

What do you need to hear today? Is your spirit broken and you need healing? Perhaps you’re rejoicing and simply need to share your joy! Maybe you’re guilty and need forgiveness. Do burdens and cares of this life overwhelm you? Are you sitting at a crossroads wondering which way to go? Is there emotional pain in your life which threatens to overwhelm you. . . all I can say is, there is a Savior.

God’s Word let’s us in on a marvelous secret when it says simply, “Christ is all and in all.” He truly is the Answer . . . even when our world seems void of answers. He is the Healer, the Giver of Joy, the Forgiver of our sins, the Bearer of our Burdens. His ways are above our ways, and amazingly, He knows us better than we know ourselves. When our pathways of purpose seem plagued with uncertainty, our distinct desires to serve Him alone, facing distraction . . . there is a Savior.

His arms are waiting . . . I wonder if they ever ache, just knowing if we would let Him hold us, He could provide whatever it is we need. His love for us is truly a gift beyond description.

A few years ago, I faced a new day in my walk with God. I was beginning to see Him as He truly is, my loving, Heavenly Father. Oh, I grew up singing, “Jesus loves me, this I know . . . “ but somehow it had only penetrated so deep. I was often concerned that I wasn’t doing enough for Him to really love me. So gently He began to show me that His love for me wasn’t based on how I performed, but in the strong essence of His very being. “God is love.” His very character is love.

Everywhere I looked, I began to see this phrase, “unfailing love.” I would open my Bible to read . . . not looking up a particular passage, and there it would jump out at me. At the most unexpected times . . . and in unexpected places, that phrase began to pop up. Once, as I sat down to watch a family movie – there in a certain place were those words, “unfailing love!” My own eyes began to be opened to the Truth. An inexpressible warmth began creeping up through my heart and onto my face. He loved me! Unlovable me. He truly loved me! That amazing fact is revolutionary. From the inside out it changes me . . . realizing He is love, and He loves me.

His unfailing love is there when circumstances cause of pathway of life to travel some “rough and rocky” roads. When faithfulness seems unseen to the human eye, we can trust and know the unfailing, faithful love of God remains. Our God has no beginning . . . our God has no end . . . and neither does His love. In His love we are secure.

So, today, know . . . there is a Savior. For whatever need – trust Him. He left all of His wealth, came to lowly earth, experienced life as a human. Then, for the sake of the love of us, He hung on a Cross and died. Rising again, he gave us the hope of eternal life in Him. You know what . . . we can trust a love like that . . . we can trust a God like that. Oh, yes, there IS a Savior.

Take it with You
"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together
with all the saints, to grasp how wide and high and long and deep is the love of Christ, and to
know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure
of all the fullnes of God."
Ephesians 3:18-19 (NIV)

No comments: