Friday, March 18, 2011

Still in Control

It was nearing the time for the birth of our second son. The day I went into labor, my husband drove me to the hospital. He wasn’t convinced this was the “real thing.” But thought it might be “false labor.”

I was pretty sure it was the “real thing!” However, when we arrived at the hospital the nurses stuck me in a room and weren’t real attentive – or concerned. They did what they had to, then, retired to the nurses station to look at magazines.

At one point, I noticed the baby’s heartbeat dropping very low. I sent my husband out to get them, and his question caused them to look up from their magazine long enough to realize there was a problem! They were in there in a hurry, doing what they “had to” -- then, they were gone again.

By early dawn I was exhausted, and not sure of what was really happening. Then, here came my doctor. She whizzed in the door, assessed the situation almost in a single glance, and announced, “I’m in charge here, now.”

That was all it took! She took complete charge of EVERYTHING – and the nurses got busy! Not too long after, we had our second baby boy, healthy, and ready to take on the world.

Did you know God is still in charge? He is! He WILL return and put a STOP to the sin and sorrow that plagues our world. He will stop the heartaches and dry the tears. He WILL bring an end to hypocrisy – and KEEP those who really belong to Him!

That eastern sky WILL split – and He WILL return! Lift up your heads! Your eternal redemption is coming soon!



Take it with You

“But you can be sure that I, God, the Master, have my eye on the Kinbgdom of Sin. I’m going to wipe it off the face of the earth. Still, I won’t totally destroy the family of Jacob. God’s Decree. I’m still given the orders around here . . .” Amos 9:8-9a

No comments: