Friday, May 20, 2011

Nothing Between

Most of the long day was finally passed. The sun had passed its “mid-point” and we were on our way home. My husband and I sat at a red light waiting for it to change. As we waited, both of our eyes were drawn to a small house by the side of the road.

We weren’t drawn by its shutters, its porch, or its brick. It was the huge, gorgeous rose bush that caught our attention. Its incredibly large coral blooms covered the bush and spilled over onto the side of the porch.

“I can smell them from here,” my husband teased. “Maybe we could,” I said, rolling down the window of the vehicle. We both breathed in deeply, hoping to get a whiff of their fragrance. We frowned – then tried again.

“Too many things in between,” I said, as a car passed between us and the flowers. “We’re just a little too far away.”

The light changed, but not before a whisper resounded in my spirit. “Too many things between . . . just a little too far away. . .”

My sweet Jesus – He is the Rose of Sharon – the life giving fragrance to us as we breathe deeply of Him. Nothing between us is my life-time goal. Keeping an intimate, open relationship with my Savior and Lover of my soul. I want to stay close enough to Him until His fragrance fills me, permeating my life so others are drawn to Him to!

There’s a song I learned in my days of youth – and still love:

“Nothing between my soul and the Savior

So that His blessed face may be seen.

Nothing preventing the least of His favor

Keep the way clear – let nothing between!”
                                                                                                              Charles A. Tindley
By Janene Dubbeld
For Gods Glory

Take it With You
"He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth all by their names." Pslam 147:3,4

No comments: