Monday, May 17, 2010

A Purpose Designed

Things in my life were changing. Changing unexpctedtly. The puzzel piece was being turned this way and that -- endeavoring to discover just where it would fit. The cloud of anxiety waited with bated breath -- threatening to squeeze out the life breath of joy in my soul.

It was then I found it. There it was -- right in my Bible reading for the day. A verse I had read many times before . . . but this time, the Holy Spirit took it to the very corner of my heart where it was needed. "For we are GOD'S workmanship, created in CHRIST JESUS to do good works, which GOD prepared IN ADVANCE for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

What a thrilling and exciting thought! God had a designed purpose within His great big plan that He desired for me to fulfill. He had prepared it in advance -- before I was even born! All I had to do was fulfill His purpose. It wasn't up to me to design it.

I already loved Him. He had forgiven me, filled me with His Spirit, and I had surrendered all. Serving Him was what I loved to do, but now, it was time for a deepening trust.

When the day brings something different than we thought it would -- we can rest in Him. He knows right where we are, and is the Master at working things to enable us who love Him  in carrying out the designed purpose He has for us within His plan.

What a privilege to be a part of something so much bigger than us! The plan of Christ -- to save the world!Designed with a purpose -- and our Heavenly Fathr is the Master Designer!

Take it With You
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

No comments: