Thursday, January 6, 2011

Unstoppable, Unshakeable, Immovable Faith

   Fear of the unknown is something very real. Once you let it in, it seems to take over! Your "inner eyes" are constantly darting around, keeping an eye out for the next blow. Sometimes it is so heavy in your chest you find it hard to breathe. What if? Somehow imagining the worst possible follows those words when fear holds us captive.
   There are instances when the fear is brought on by our own human minds which are overactively haunting us with the endless possibilites of things that "could" happen. Being human, we are often subjected to the negativity our culture around us imbibes. How could we possibly believe for something good? Pumped into our brains on a regular basis is the relaying of disconcerted events.
   Fear can also be brought on as an oppression to the soul to stop our faith walk. God asks us to do something and before we know it, we are hit with all the "impossibilities" to complete the task. Our inadequcy, lack of resources, overwhelming sense of "too much to do," concern over what other people will think . . . they all have a root. It's name is fear.
   Tragic circumstances can also be a cause of continued fear. When something has happened to us that has rocked us to the core, there is a natural process to work through the shock, the emotions of the event, the fear of something else happening.
   Grounded or ungrounded, fear makes us a prisoner. It locks us into a bondage undesired by our Heavenly Father for His children. His Son, Jesus, came to set us free! (John 8:36)
   The fact of the matter is, once we have accepted Him as Savior, and are walking in His light, His promises are for us. They are truth. His Word has held Christians through the worst of circumstances, and the best of circumstances. The assurance found within these precious promises holds us through the unsteady waters -- giving us the assurance that the Anchor of our soul will never leave us nor forsake us.
   With the foundation of our faith resting in the Rock solid fact that God is, and God is LOVE, we can allow Him to fill us with the perfect love that casts out fear. (I John 4:18)
   He calms our fears. He holds us close. He challenges us to follow His lead -- where only He knows the way, and only He can provide. With our eyes fixed on His face, the Light drives away the shadows.

"Oh, God. I turn my face to Yours -- and while my human eyes cannot see -- Your very Presence fills my being and I know that You are with me. Willingly I follow -- and while I do not know the future, I rest -- knowing as I walk close to You, You will faithfully lead me -- HOME! Cast out any fear with Your perfect love. Grant me a growing faith, I pray, In Jesus' name, Amen.'

Take it with You
"Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
(Matthew 10:31 NKJV)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank You soo much for writing this today! You read my mind!
Love you!!!!
Whitney