Thursday, June 17, 2010

An All Consuming Christ

What is your day holding for you? Work? Relationships? Vacation? Volunteering? Yard Sale? The list goes on and on. And in reality, the lists never stop! Whether you are a person who actually “writes them down” or keeps a “running tab on things” within the marvelous capacity of your mind, the demands of doing are a constant to our lives.

So, what is the purpose behind all of it anyway? Why keep doing it? Everyone has some sort of reason. You LOVE your family . . . you NEED your job . . . the BEACH gives you new motivation to work until next vacation . . . and the Yard Sale . . . well, how else will your “junk” become someone else’s “most valuable possession?”

There is an all consuming passion that drives me beyond the ordinary. Really, what within this life is worth the living? It is all so futile and fickle – so full of “pats on the back” and ladder struggle.

But there is still a Heaven to gain, a Hell to shun – and a marvelous, all consuming Christ to love and live for. The beauty of discovering Him makes one swing their feet over the edge of the bed and run to meet Him in the morning Light. When He calls you – oh the preciousness of the call, the delight of the moments spent alone in His Presence grant the strength necessary to complete the tasks of the day. Sometimes the deepest nights of struggle are met by His beautiful face in the dawn.

He is all consuming . . . takes the very deepest part of me and consumes it into Himself. It’s the only way I can truly know beauty – really experience love –in my all consuming Christ.

“Who do men say that I am?” he asked his disciples . . . yet it was only a preliminary question. “Who do YOU say that I am” he asked. These were His disciples . . . they had left all to follow – yet, did they really know who He was? Only when they really knew Him could they allow Him to be Who He needed to be in their lives.

Oh, Jesus. Be my all consuming passion! Let the facets of my day come together as I am consumed in You. Saturate me – fill me – surround me – You are my everything, my love, my life, my ALL!

Take it With You

“He said to them, ‘But who do you say that I am?’ Peter answered and said to Him, ‘You are the Christ.’” Mark 8:29

No comments: