Monday, June 7, 2010

He is With You

Anybody ever had “one of those days?” We may not want to admit it, but all of us have had “days like that.” Otherwise – why would we smile and nod at each other in agreement when those phrases come out of our mouths? We don’t even need all the details – when someone says, “It’s been one of those days,” we quickly connect the dots that things didn’t go as planned – and weren’t exactly, “positive circumstances.”

Recently I read once again that it isn’t our circumstances that determine our outcome, but how we react to them. Truer words were never spoken, but I must say, I am so glad that even the Apostle Paul had to “LEARN” to be content in “WHATEVER” the circumstances! Two things about that excite me. First, as great and Godly of a man as Paul was, he still “grew” in grace. He still “learned.” Secondly, it is possible for me to gain the maturity, the stability, the growth until circumstances don’t have a “long-term” effect on the peace and joy of my soul! That peace and joy is rooted in the One who never changes.

The patience of God is amazing. He doesn’t leave us while we are learning, but is with us, teaching us to trust, encouraging us to overcome by the His blood and our testimony, loving us on “days like that.”

One morning I found myself having “one of those days” before I even swung my feet over the edge of the bed! Exhaustion took over, tears came, and my husband so wisely advised that I just “stay home and rest.”

Throughout the day, Jesus was with me in so many ways. He knew where I was, and why I was at this particular place in time. My two youngest boys were home, and somehow, one of them got hold of my older son’s iPod. They couldn’t figure out how to turn the thing off – and came bringing it to me. Would you believe, I couldn’t figure it out either – but, as I tried, this song came on that was straight from God – right what I needed to hear. I was still trying to figure the thing out, when the next one came on – and -- you guessed it, I needed that one too.

The valley wasn’t immediately over – but He was with me in the valley. I found myself singing with yet another songwriter – “Restore my soul in the valley – so that I might be worthy at last to stand with Thee on the top of the mountain. In the valley, restore my soul.”

Today, remember – HE IS WITH YOU! Wherever we are – restoration is His specialty and He never grows weary of teaching us to trust Him.

Take it with You

“Restore us , O God of hosts; Cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved!” Psalm 80:3,7,19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you dear sister in the Lord. I truely enjoy your blogs. May the Lord richly bless you.