Monday, July 19, 2010

68 Years Young

He stood behind the pulpit at our family camp where we were ministering. He had a twinkle in his eye, and a glory shine on his face that gave him away as being a Spiril filled vessel. He told us stories – somewhat like another so much greater than he used to do. He showed us pictures – pictures of a place in Kenya where he and his wife are working with a Nomadic, unreached people’s tribe – working to give them water – and to give them the Water of life! Oh, yes. He is 68 years young. His heart still beats with the passion of Christ as he lives out the Proverb – “He that winneth souls is wise.”

One evening, he had some young people hand out everyone in the old tabernacle a penny. Then, so enabled by the Holy Spirit he preached to us on,

“The Coins of Time.”

We all have them in our pocket – how will we spend them? He took us to the scriptures . . . showing us how King Saul spent his coins of time, and how Saul turned Apostle Paul spent his. It’s quite an eye opening contrast! Their last words showed us how it is best for us to spend our coins of time.

As he closed his message, Dr. Roy Lauter gave us a poem he had penned. With his permission, I want to share it with you.



Coins of Time

The pocket of life is filled but once

With the precious coins of time

Each person is free to spend them as they see fit

On the ridiculous or the sublime



The coins pass quickly through our hands

And no one has the power

To tell just when the last coin will be spent

At late or early hour.



“Now” is the only coin you hold for sure

Be careful where you lay it down

For tomorrow you may search the pocket

And no coin there will be found.



Oh, don’t be like King Saul and cry, “I’ve played a fool--

I should have counted the cost.

I may have gained the things of this world

But my eternal soul I’ve lost.”



You can choose to be like the Apostle Paul

When you lay your last coin down

You can finish your course, you can keep the faith

And you can receive a crown.



As you hold the coin of this moment

May I ask, “What is your plan?”

Oh, please step out right now – bring it here –

And place it in the Savior’s hand.

By: Dr. Roy Lauter



By: Janene A. Dubbeld
For God’s Glory

Take it With You

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day – and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:7-8

No comments: