Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sorry! For His Brother

When summer time hits the Dubbeld household so do family camps! Notice it is plural – not singular! Together we meet lots of new friends, sing lots of songs, and hear lots of sermons – all of which are good things.

Recently, we were at our own “home-church” family camp. My younger boys were sitting with me in one of the services. One of them had done something to get himself in trouble, and he knew some form of correction was following that service! The “brother” figured out something was going on – and desperately wanted to know what. Fervently I whispered that it was none of his business.

He sat there a moment, just thinking about the situation. Then, he whispered back to be earnestly, “Mom, I’m sorry for _________,” and said his brother’s name.

In that moment, my heart melted. He didn’t want his brother to get in trouble, so his little sensitive heart was making the apology for him and trying to keep him free.

Instantly, I saw a picture of what Christ has done for me. I was in “big-time” trouble with God the Father. My sin had me headed for eternity without God. Jesus took the punishment I deserved! When he hung on that cross He was basically saying, “Father, I’m sorry for _______________.” Each of us can put OUR name in the blank! He brought us salvation as a free gift. All we have to do is confess that WE are the sinners, and ask Him to apply the blood to our heart. Then, we are FREE – free from sin and its bondage.

Hallelujah! What a Savior! “He took my sins and my sorrows – He made them His very own. He bore the burden to Calvary – and suffered and died alone. How MARVELOUS – how WONDERFUL! Is my Savior’s love for me.” Charles H. Gabriel

By: Janene A. Dubbeld
For God’s Glory

Take it With You

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” I John 1:9

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Janene, I have enjoyed reading then all. May God Bless you ! Theresa Ayars