Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Loving Him Most"

“Hey . . . mom hasn’t had a morning hug yet . . .” I teasingly said to my two younger sons. That did it . . . the tackle was on! Then came the next game . . . “I love you more than ice cream . . . banana splits . . . the sun . . . the moon . . .”

One of them said, “I love you more than pickles . . .” then he laughed. “That isn’t very much,” he said, tickled at himself, “because I don’t like pickles.”

We “cackled” together at his comment . . . but it stayed with me through the day and caused a more sober thought process to pursue.

“I love you more than . . .” What about loving God? Do I ever do that to Him? It’s easy to love Him more than the things that don’t mean all that much to us . . . but what about those we hold closest . . . dearest . . . what about loving Him most?

It isn’t playing a game with Him – it’s living a life. A life of love – wholly committed – totally surrendered – and forever and always intent on loving Him MOST!

No matter the problem or care of the day

I know Who I love most!

No matter the hot breath of the enemy’s boast

I know Who I love most.



No matter the tempting, alluring he tries

No matter if sunshine or rain fills the skies --

I’ll shout it on earth – or in Heavenly host

My God is the One I love most!





By: Janene A. Dubbeld
For God’s Glory

Take it with You

“Oh, love the Lord, all you His saints! For the Lord preserves the faithful, and fully repays the proud person. Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” Psalm 31:23-24

No comments: