Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Heart Whispers

In the early waking hours of the day I went to Him . . . a seeking heart to have Him cleanse and fill me all over again. He whispered to me the assurance of His workings. Let me know the depth of His concern – the fullness of His love.

He didn’t roar it through the thunder – or show me through His mighty wind – my powerful, loving, Heavenly Father sent His precious Holy Spirit – and whispered in into the very deepest part of me.

He brought me to His Word – He spoke it to me again! The living Word – it went straight to the inner most point of my need.

How could I ask for more? His assurance completed the inner longing – calmed the questions of my mind – stilled the anxiety of my heart. Not for the world would I trade the moments – those precious moments with Him.

My trustworthy God has met with me! I am humbled at the realization – and moved by the Awesome Presence of WHO HE IS!

It deepens my love and strengthens my faith. It binds me closer to Him with a love that knows no boundaries. It gives me wings like eagles to soar -- to rise above!

Oh, yes! He does still speak! He does still meet with His people! He shares in heart whispers . . .

Take it with You

The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

I Kings 19:11-12
By: Janene A. Dubbeld

For God’s Glory

No comments: