Monday, February 8, 2010

Commissioned - Exodus 3:13-20 (15)

The line was long. The uniforms spotless -- and stately the men & women who waited their turn. Each received their honors or orders with dignity. Commissioned -- sent forth -- to bravely defend the people of their country.


The line is long. It begins when time itself found the starting line. It spans the spacious ages, and boldly walks into today. It stretches forward into the yet unknown – facing it with faith.

This line is made up of a different sort of people. A people sent forth by God Himself to carry forth His Word – to display the very image of Him Son to their generation. Each possess a unique and individual difference given them within their person – evidenced in something as simple as a thumbprint -- yet each carry the same burning passion within their hearts.

A passion to know God -- to know who He really is. A passion to know His Word. A passion to pass this knowledge and their ever growing thirst of Him to their children and those around them.

Moses found himself within this commissioned line of people. God commissioned him to lead his people out of bondage. Notice -- God's commissioning did not come without His enabling. By His very name, He assures Moses that he will not go alone. "And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.' And He said, 'Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" Ex. 3:14

Commissioned by God also brings His companionship for the journey ahead. With Him comes all the power needed for the task!

Commissioned! Not to walk this path alone -- But walk beside the One who gives the song.

Commissioned! Not to singly keep my self aloof -- But share with others Power of an empty tomb.

Commissioned! To simply cease to be -- And let Him live His live through me.

Commissioned! To know Him in His fullness – I determine to seek the precious Presence of His Person, and humbly, but resolutely, take my place in line.

Janene A. Dubbeld/FGG

Take It With You!

“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"” (Isaiah 6:8).

No comments: