Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Shining Vessel

Romans 12:1-8
   “You know, I would really like to help, but I’m just not as good as Margaret was,” the voice said quietly.
   “She just had a real way to do these things, Pastor. She had such a personality . . . and her smile just wouldn’t quit.”
   Pastor nodded his head. “Yes, Margaret was a very special lady . . . but she’s gone now. We need someone to keep filling her place and doing this job in the building of the Kingdom.”
   “I’m just not as good as she was. I can’t possibly do things the way she did them. I’m doing my best, but it isn’t as good as her best.”
   “Let me ask you a question,” said the Pastor. “Do you know the Lord?”
   “Why, certainly Pastor.”
   “And you’re doing your best for Him.”
   “Yes, Pastor.”
   “Do you believe He is capable of working through you?”
   “Of course I do, Pastor.”
   “Remember, HER best isn’t YOUR best! When HIS GLORY shines – any vessel becomes glorious. The vessel becomes more than it’s capable of being, because of WHO saturates it. Will you let Him shine through you, while you partner with Him in doing the work?
   She dropped her head -- and then, the truth penetrated her heart. She hadn’t really thought about it like this before. “Yes!” She answered. “I will be the vessel, and let His glory work through me!”

The past is past, the present is here
The future is “God owned”.
So I will be my very best,
And let the Master do the rest.

The past is past, the present is here
The future is “God owned.”
And so I will surrendered be
To let YOUR GLORY shine
Through me.
                                                                                                             Janene Dubbeld

When HIS glory shines, any vessel becomes glorious!

Take It With You!
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).

No comments: